What a weekend! Had the Daytona 500, some top NCAA basketball teams went down, NBA Dunk Contest and All Star Game, and finally the Terps pull out a victory against NCST while honoring the 2001 Final Four team and Greivis Vasquez.
How about the 20 year old Trevor Bayne winning the Daytona 500, in only his second career start at that?! There were a ton of cautions, but the ending was pretty exciting. With Bayne in the lead the final lap, I didn't think he stood a chance against some of the veterans behind him; especially when Carl Edwards made a charge towards the front. Surprisingly he held on for the win. I was very excited for him.
What went on last week with the top ranked teams in NCAA basketball? First Kansas lost to Kansas State on Monday night. Then Texas loses to Nebraska. Next we saw Pitt fall to St. Johns and finally Ohio State lost to Purdue on Sunday. The last time the top-four ranked teams lost all in the same week was Nov. 25, 2003 when UConn, Duke, Michigan State and Arizona all went down. With the losses this past week, Duke regains the number one spot.
Please tell me I wasn't the only one not impressed by Blake Griffin's dunk over the hood of a car to win the dunk contest. I mean come on, the hood of that car was what, three feet? It was nothing more than a regular dunk with a three foot obstacle in the way; not impressive at all.
I was happy to see my Terps play a good game against the Wolfpack on Sunday. What impressed me the most was the great play by Stoglin and the great free throw shooting (23-25). I was also glad to see Gary start the two freshman guards. We should have a bright future at that position. Talk about nostalgia though! The Terps honored their first final four team from 2001 and hung Vasquez's jersey from the rafters. It would be great to get back to those glory days of the late '90s and early '00s!
No comments:
Post a Comment