Sunday, March 6, 2011

Being a Sports Fan is Rough

As evidenced in my blog description, it's quite obvious I'm a fan of the Maryland Terrapins, Baltimore Orioles and Washington Redskins. This past year has probably been one of the worst years I can remember as far as being a sports fan. After yesterdays debacle by the Terps, I've discovered that my teams are slowly ripping my heart out; or maybe I just care too much.

I knew coming into this season the Terps would probably not have that great of year as compared to last year after losing three big starters in Vasquez, Hayes and Milbourne. However, I didn't see them being this bad. With Jordan Williams returning and some veteran experience in Tucker, Bowie, Mosley and Gregory I figured they'd do alright. Perhaps I'm too optimistic and have unrealistic expectations sometimes, but it seems a bit unacceptable for a team with such a rich basketball history to be going to their fourth NIT in seven years (assuming they don't win the ACCT).

Everyone knows about the catastrophe that was the Redskins last year. With still so many question marks at so many positions, I'm going to be shying away from my optimistic views for the Skins. Hell, we might not even have a season this year which might actually add some years to my life as I won't be getting so frustrated watching the Redskins play.

I don't know if I should even get started with the Orioles haha. I guess I won't dwell too much on their past though. This season has my hopes up. With a much improved lineup I don't have any worries about them putting runs on the board. However, the most important aspect to their team, pitching, has me a bit tamed as far as my excitement for this coming season goes. As long as the young arms can hold their own, then this may be the first season in fourteen years where the O's will finish above .500. I know one thing, I sure could use a good season from the O's.

No comments:

Post a Comment